Cauliflower Fried Rice w/ Chicken


I lied and told my friends and family that this was fried rice, and guess what?? They had NO IDEA that it was all cauliflower! ;) So much fun, and very easy to make!



Ingredients:
3 large chicken breasts1 head of cauliflower1 cup carrots (blended)
3 large eggs
1 cup corn
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup red pepper (optional)
4 green onions (or more)
1 large tablespoon minced garlic
1 large tablespoon mined ginger
Soy Sauce as desired



I like to blend up my carrots before I do anything else because it is way faster than cutting them up by hand! haha And it tastes better because they are all throughout the rice instead of chunks.


Don't add too much cauliflower at once. About 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full!


Finished product should look like this :)


Fry the rice so it is crunchy and not too soft.


Add all other ingredients except the cauliflower.


After the mixture is sauteed and the flavors are in the air, add the cauliflower.


Add the soy sauce and enjoy! Seriously this is so good!!


Ingredients:
3 large chicken breasts (cubed or shredded)
1 head of cauliflower
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup carrots (blended)
1 large yellow onion
3 large eggs
1 cup corn
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup red pepper (optional)
4 green onions (or more)
1 large tablespoon minced garlic
1 large tablespoon mined ginger
Soy Sauce as desired

Directions: 
1. Bake the chicken breast with a little bit of olive oil and salt and pepper.
2. Then blend the carrots, set aside.
3. Rice the cauliflower. (blend it to the consistency of rice)
4. Scramble the eggs. Chop them up and set aside.  
5. Add carrots and onion to pan on medium heat with olive oil until carrots are a little bit crunchy and onions are sauteed. (I did 5 minutes)
6. Add in garlic and ginger.
7. When flavors start to permeate, add in corn and peas.(red pepper) Saute on medium/high heat until desired texture and heated through. (5 minutes) 
8. Add in cauliflower, chicken, and however much soy sauce you would like. Stir fry on high heat. (tip: Dont add in all of the cauliflower because the size of the head may vary. I bought a huge one, so I had a little extra)
9. Add in green onions and you are ready to eat :)


I did not add a lot of soy sauce, but my man added a lot! haha It really just depends on taste.
I enjoyed this so much! And you could even rice the cauliflower ahead of time and throw it all in a bag and saute it all at once.

If you try this, let me know what you think :) I adapted the recipe from this one.
Next time, I am going to add some sesame seeds and water chestnuts :) Not sure how that will change it but I want to try it! haha

Talk to you soon, Enjoy :)
post signature

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments: