Summer Glow: How To
















Vest: Francesc's /// Skirt: Forever 21 /// Heels: Steve Madden via Nordstrom /// Necklace: Dana Rebecca via Bloomingdales /// Sunnies: Quay Fleur via Nasty Gal

I wore this outfit to church and got many compliments. I really didn't think people would like it that much but it may have been because I was so comfortable and chic looking. You could even take the vest off and be ready for a night on the town ;). I love wearing tight pencil skirts with baggy tops like some of the kimono's and vests I have tagged below. Hope you like :D




Based on the title of this post, you probably thought I would be out in nature or something but nope. I am talking about natural looking makeup today. Summer is THE time to get away with minimal eye makeup, a bold lip, and still look radiant and beautiful. To me, it is all about the glow and the eye lashes. 
I am by no means a makeup expert or a makeup artist but here is what I did to look like this. In my mind, the two keys to bright skin is moisturizer and highlight. This is how I do it.....I always moisturize a lot after washing my face with a Clinique moisturizing gel as pictured. Moisture is everything for my skin!!!



  I always start with eyes when doing my makeup. I put a shimmery eye shadow primer on, then added a nude matte powder eyeshadow from the Naked Basics palette ("W.O.S"). Then I use a darker brown ("Naked 2") and apply a little bit in the crease of my eyes. Pauses on the eyes for a minute. 

Here I put on my concealer and skin color powder for coverage. 
After this I add a natural looking blush (any light pink works well with my skin). My blush is from a Clinique palette and it actually has a little shimmer in it already. 

Then I start the glow. I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit and I LOVE it!!! I take a small blender brush and touch Sunburst highlight to the balls of my cheeks and up my cheek bone, the tip of my nose, above my lip, the inside corner of my eyes and my brow line, with a little touch right at the top of my eye brows.

Time for mascara :D! ****Use an eyelash curler before applying mascara! I didn't use the best mascara in this look but find a good mascara and don't be shy with it ;)


The only thing left is the LIPS! Pick any color you want (even a nude gloss), just makes sure it is a summer color and isn't too dark!







post signature

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment