3 Overnight Oats: Less Than 10 Minute Prep-Time

^Yes, for recipes I like my bananas dark. haha.... They are sweeter :D


Meal preparation is everything for me! If I do not plan ahead of time I will not eat what I should. These overnight oat recipes are my absolute favorites. They make me want to get out of bed in the morning and are so easy to make. Just throw all the ingredients in a bowl or plastic container if you are 'on the go' and let it sit overnight. 
I like to add one scoop of quest vanilla protein powder to the apple and strawberry ones because they don't have much naturally. It is good to start out the day with a meal that has protein. I normally aim to have about 10-25g. With one scoop of protein powder, these have 32g. This is good for me because I normally have a salad for lunch and sometimes I don't get a lot of protein at lunch if I don't have chicken/black beans/fish or another protein source to add to my salad. BUT, you could always do half a scoop of protein powder. 

TIPS FOR OVERNIGHT OATS:
-Add a half a scoop or whole scoop of protein powder
-Use 1 tbsp real PB and 1 tbsp powdered PB to lower fat with same taste
-You might need to add a little water/milk in the morning (depends on type of oats sometimes)
-You can also use WATER instead of MILK if you like


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------







I normally only eat the Dark Chocolate PB Oats on Mondays or Fridays! WHY? because they get me out of bed on Mondays and make me happy at the start of my Friday :) Also because I consider this breakfast to be a treat. Heated up in the microwave, this is a perfect way to start the day!

On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, I normally have yogurt with fresh fruit, cereal, or boiled eggs and toast for breakfast. Find me on myfitnesspal if you are interested. Username: casadiacole

Have a great Monday everybody! :D



post signature

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment